Jelena is a Partner at JPM. She heads the firm’s corporate crime practice.
She is an expert with over 20 years of experience in criminal law and dispute resolution. Prior to joining the JPM team Jelena served for 16 years as judge including 10 years in criminal law field and 6 years in the civil law field, respectively.
Jelena focuses her practice on complex defense clients in criminal investigations and criminal proceedings, proceedings involving administrative fines, misdemeanors, and other penalties. She advises clients facing exposure to civil and criminal liability and represents clients and companies which have been the victims of criminal behaviors. She also supports companies when criminal offenses have been committed by employees or third parties.
She represents clients in civil and administrative litigation involving disputes between companies and claims for damages. Her clients include banks, multinational companies, and their decision-makers, and her experience and in-depth knowledge in criminal law and criminal proceedings are usefully complemented by her knowledge and experience in civil, corporate, commercial, tax, and environmental law.
She is a seasoned criminal and litigation lawyer with a successful track record in acting for clients before courts.
Jelena’s expertise includes:
- Criminal law / Corporate / Business crimes / Environmental crimes
- Defense in criminal investigations and criminal proceedings
- Defense in administrative fines, misdemeanors, and other penalties and offenses
- Dispute resolution / Litigation
- Civil law / Commercial law / Tax law / Environmental law
- Business and Criminal Compliance/Advice on measures to prevent infringements of criminal law
“Jelena Milinović is very responsive. “ – Legal 500
” Jelena Milinović is an expert in Serbian criminal law, and works very well with international clients. ” – Legal 500